"It was great, Who knew?" Ocean Park by Segolily

Ocean Park Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 16 photos

Founded in 1883

Ocean Park began as a Christian revival/summer resort center. There is still a Methodist camp nearby. It is a small town, but has a lot of character quite distinct from its neighbors. It has all you need for a weeks getaway or more.

Home of the Beach Baron's Hot Rod club

We were able to enjoy the great old souped up cars entered in the car show which takes place the weekend after Labor Day. I can't tell you how many cars ended up coming the year we were there, but there were more than I could look at I can tell you that. The cars cruise the peninsula's main road and people sit by the side and watch the constant parade. The main show is at the club's field in Ocean Park for two days. It was a lot of fun even if you know nothing about cars.

A little beach, a little bay

Situated between the ocean and Willapa Bay you get a lot of maritime influence. Oysters and clams are caught and served locally. Shipwrecks are documented, glass floats are ubiquitous, residents know the difference between razor and horse clams

• Pros:Loved it and want to go back
  • Cons:Can't think of one
  • In a nutshell:Don't come here if you like to be in the thick of things
  • Last visit to Ocean Park: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2008

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2008 at 4:01 AM

I've never managed to fly a kite, I was always running like mad and the kite still stayed on the ground. I'll stick to bird watching instead.

Segolily

“Till I swim in every ocean...”

Badges & Stats in Ocean Park

Have you been to Ocean Park?

Latest Activity in Ocean Park