Garden City Things to Do Tips by Segolily
Garden City Things to Do: 5 reviews and 6 photos
It's why we come
This is why you come to Bear Lake. To get on the water. There are only a few launch options. Bear Lake State Park, north of town. This has a pier, marina, but no rentals. Ideal Beach Resort and Blue Water Resort south of town have rentals, but no pier. Launch is by tractor.
Sailing is popular, wakeboarding, skiing, personal watercraft, kayaks, paddle boats, fishing boats. If is goes in the water you can play with it here.
There are miles and miles and miles of beach at Bear Lake. If you aren't lucky enough to have access to the beach from your accomodations, then take to the public access beaches. In Garden City a few blocks south of the Logan Canyon road junction you will be able to drive your car down the road out onto the beach. Set up your chairs, your canopy, your barbeque, take coolers and towels, float toys and buckets. If you launched your boat somewhere else then drive it over here and beach it when you aren't out on the water. The water is shallow near shore (though it gets very deep), and in the summer though it is a little cold, the hot air temperature warms you up quickly.
Though it isn't championship, the Bear Lake 9-hole golf course will let you swing some clubs. Described by family members as "fun", it has nice views of the lake and a relaxed atmosphere.
Directions: On the southwest end of the lake turn right just past the Pickleville store.
At least once during the stay a trip up to the Minnetonka cave is required. It is about a 45 minute drive from Pickleville, ending in a beautiful side canyon. Once you get there you should know that there are over 400 steps, the tour is about 1.5 hrs long and you should definitely bring a jacket, a picnic would be helpful as well either to enjoy while you wait for your tour or for afterward. It's a great little cave and is a nice break from the water.
Directions: North of St Charles follow the signs west.
More Reviews (14)
Segolily's Related Pages
Garden City Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Garden City
- Hotels in Garden City
- Transportation in Garden City
- Nightlife in Garden City
- Restaurants in Garden City
- Shopping in Garden City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Long Beach Hotels
- La Línea de la Concepción
- Salalah Hotels
- Alexandria Hotels
- Dagshai Hotels
Badges & Stats in Garden City
- 18 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Garden City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garden City
Photos in Garden CitySee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 72 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salt Lake City Intro, 55 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basse-Normandie Intro, 20 reviews, 51 photos
- North Rim Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Garden City Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Capitol Reef National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Latest Garden City hotel reviews
- Ideal Beach Resort
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 25, 2013