"The last of the old west" Boulder Town by Segolily
Boulder Town Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
Boulder is a small town, population under 200.
Then take into consideration that the next town north is over 60 miles away ( and there ain't nobody at lives inbetween neither), and Escalante is half an hour south. East and west are just wild mountain and desert emptiness and you'll get an idea of how isolated Boulder is.
From what I've heard the townsfolk are old stock ranchers, rather independent, and none too open to changes or newcomers, though they are nice enough. But times change and old timers move on, new businesses move in and changes happen whether you want them or not.
Boulder is a place for a quick stop on the way on the way between Capitol Reef and Bryce Canyon National Parks. But if you have some time to give it there is plenty to keep you occupied and a couple nice places to stay and eat while doing so.
A great website for the town: http://www.boulderutah.com/index.html
Situated on an overlook of the Escalante River valley, this place has Location written all over it. But not only that,... more travel advice
The Anasazi (now often known by the more politically correct term Ancient Puebloans) were the ancient inhabitants of the... more travel advice
Segolily's Related Pages
Boulder Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "mafootje's new Boulder Page"
- "The last of the old west"
- "Basaic Anasazi State Park Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boulder Town
- Hotels in Boulder Town
- Transportation in Boulder Town
- Restaurants in Boulder Town
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lago de Amatitlán Hotels
- Cousins Island Hotels
- Hawley Hotels
- Caribbean and Central America
- Presque Isle
- Otok Lokrum Hotels
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Port Antonio
- Khersons'ka Oblast'
- Fort Bragg
- Cayacoa de Boca Chica Hotels
- Sly Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Boulder Town
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Boulder Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boulder Town
Photos in Boulder TownSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 72 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salt Lake City Intro, 55 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basse-Normandie Intro, 20 reviews, 51 photos
- North Rim Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Garden City Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Capitol Reef National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos