"A week in San Rafael" Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael by Segolily
San Rafael Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 346 photos
I recently spent a week visiting a friend in San Rafael. I came away with wonderful memories and amazing new insights into Marin County and all there is to see here. While it is hidden in the shadow of its bigger city to the South I was impressed with the warmth and beauty and amazing variety of experiences to be had here.
There were so many different ways to spend our time. We started off with history at China camp. It was hard to imagine this place ever being remote, but it was. The street market was fun. Then there were the gun batteries and Lighthouses at Marin Headlands park and Point Reyes. The only public building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright to be built is hard to miss and an architectural must see. Then there were the nature preserves such as Muir Woods and the Tule Elk preserve. The towns of Tiburon and Sausolito were fun to visit. Taking a ferry to San Francisco gave me a chance to enjoy the beautiful Bay. Not least of my visit was sitting out on her back porch to feel the warm California sun
It was just a great place to visit and a good home base from which to see the surrounding areas.
- Pros:good location, lots to do, easy accessibility
- Cons:I couldn't stay longer
- In a nutshell:The other end of San Francisco Bay
We made a brief visit to this cove in the north Bay which is of historic interest. In the 19th century chinese fisherman... more travel advice
The San Andreas Fault separates Point Reyes and Tomales Peninsulas from the mainland. We made our way across the fault... more travel advice
Segolily's Related Pages
San Rafael Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Rafael CA"
- "Once upon a time this was home sweet home"
- "San Rafael - Hub of Marin"
- "A week in San Rafael"
- "A little HAWAIIAN in San Rafael"
- "A Little Bit of Hawaii - VT Luau, July 26, 2003"
- "Loony Lu'au and a Weekend to beat all."
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Rafael
- Hotels in San Rafael
- Transportation in San Rafael
- Nightlife in San Rafael
- Restaurants in San Rafael
- Shopping in San Rafael
- Warnings and Dangers in San Rafael
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Rafael
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Rafael
Photos in San RafaelSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 72 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salt Lake City Intro, 55 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basse-Normandie Intro, 20 reviews, 51 photos
- North Rim Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Garden City Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Capitol Reef National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos