"Spend the whole day" Versailles by Segolily

Versailles Travel Guide: 692 reviews and 2,615 photos

We had a blast

We spent the whole day here. We stayed at Le Cheval Rouge hotel a 10 min walk to the chateau, we weren't up quite as early as we hoped so arrived at the Chateau about 10:30 on a Saturday. The parking lot was full, but the line to enter was only about 15 min. We took our time through chateau visit. But what we enjoyed the most were the gardens, the statues, the fountains, the Hameau, the Trianons, the row boat ride on the Grand Canal and the Fountain finale at the Neptune basin. It was such a relaxing enjoyable day. And we just walked back to our hotel, rested up before heading out to dinner.

The Fountains are worth it!

I could not believe the magic that took place when the music started up and the fountains went on. The park was transformed. Suddenly I was nobility taking a stroll through the place built just for me.

• Pros:Go
  • Cons:It is too far away to go very often
  • Last visit to Versailles: Jun 2007
  • Intro Written Aug 4, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Nice tips from your visit in 2007. I was in Versailles last month on a very rainy day, so the garden was just a collection of huge puddles, but the inside of the palace was still OK. There were no lines to get in, and the rooms were somewhat less crowded than usual. And the best thing was that I went to a 17th century musical comedy by Molière and Lully at the Royal Opera.

• Segolily's Profile Photo
      Mar 13, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Thank you so much. What memories looking at my pages brought back to me, it was nice to relive again that wonderful day. We had so much fun. I believe the Opera was being redone at the time, as I don't think we were allowed in, or perhaps we hadn't bought the right ticket. But I did think it would be great to be able to attend a concert there. You have the best life.

Segolily

“Till I swim in every ocean...”

Badges & Stats in Versailles

Have you been to Versailles?

Latest Activity in Versailles