"Spend the whole day" Versailles by Segolily
Versailles Travel Guide: 691 reviews and 2,609 photos
We spent the whole day here. We stayed at Le Cheval Rouge hotel a 10 min walk to the chateau, we weren't up quite as early as we hoped so arrived at the Chateau about 10:30 on a Saturday. The parking lot was full, but the line to enter was only about 15 min. We took our time through chateau visit. But what we enjoyed the most were the gardens, the statues, the fountains, the Hameau, the Trianons, the row boat ride on the Grand Canal and the Fountain finale at the Neptune basin. It was such a relaxing enjoyable day. And we just walked back to our hotel, rested up before heading out to dinner.
I could not believe the magic that took place when the music started up and the fountains went on. The park was transformed. Suddenly I was nobility taking a stroll through the place built just for me.
- Cons:It is too far away to go very often
There was no other way to explore the Hameau than to walk the dirt paths. There are various areas, the grotto, the... more travel advice
This was a nice contrast to the oppulence of the Chateau. It was easy enough to believe that Marie could ignore all else... more travel advice
Segolily's Related Pages
Versailles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grandeur Beyound Words"
- "ON THE STEPS OF MARIE-ANTOINETTE."
- "Moscow - Versailles"
- "When Kings lived in Versailles"
- "The Chateau de Versailles"
- "I can see why they chopped off their heads!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Versailles
- Hotels in Versailles
- Transportation in Versailles
- Nightlife in Versailles
- Restaurants in Versailles
- Shopping in Versailles
- Warnings and Dangers in Versailles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Versailles
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Versailles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Versailles
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 72 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salt Lake City Intro, 55 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basse-Normandie Intro, 20 reviews, 51 photos
- North Rim Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Garden City Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Capitol Reef National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos