"The Proposal" Marry_me_Erika's Profile

Since its launch in late 1999, VirtualTourist has been connecting travelers from around the World. Over the past 6 years, these connections among VirtualTourist members have developed into no less than 25 marriages.

In the interest of forging new ground (and being happy for the rest of my life), it is my intention to become the first ever VirtualTourist staff member to wed another VirtualTourist staff member.

With that said, and with millions of travelers from around the world as my witness…I humbly and sincerely present the question…Will you marry me Erika?

VirtualTourist News Alert: Vice President of Advertising Sales falls in love with Marketing Director

She is twice as smart, sweet and cool as she is beautiful…I know, scary!

And I said YES!

It's official ... we're engaged! He asked, and I said yes to my very thoughtful, creative, funny, and super cute fiance!

Here's how it all went down ... We left the office early on Wednesday to go to an Al Green concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Once we were out the door, the VT Tech Team went to work creating this amazing Proposal page and coding it onto the site's homepage. I had no idea this was going on, and when Mark asked me to check the VT site before we headed out to the concert (he asked me to look and see if an ad had gone live), I did so without hesitation. It wasn't until I saw our photo on the homepage that I had any inkling of what was happening. Mark dropped to one knee and officially said the words "will you marry me?" I said yes, and he slid a gorgeous, sparkling ring onto my finger!

A huge thank you to all of you for your kind wishes and for sharing in our engagement! --Erika

• Intro Updated Aug 4, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Marry_me_Erika's Profile Photo

Marry_me_Erika

“Hello World, meet the woman I want to marry... if she’ll have me...?”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.