"Living in Balestrate" lforrro's Profile

Moving to Sicily

My boyfriend and I, we were a couple of times in Sicily, every time falling in love again: wonderful weather, gorgeous places, beautiful loving people. So in the end we decided to give it a try and in January 2007 we moved to Sicily.
We choose Balestrate to live in. We really love this village on the see: an endless beach (where we can walk hand in hand and have fun with our lovely dog), a lovely eucalyptus forest, a beautiful and quiet country side and a strategic position as from Balestrate you’re in no time in Palermo, Trapani, Erice, Alcamo, Castellammare del Golfo etc.
We’re here for one year now and we made a lot of friends, we’ve been a lot of places and we’re really happy to live our dream.

Accomodations in Balestrate

Since we live here we have a lot of friends visiting us. We don't have a big house so we went searching on beautiful, not expensive accommodations for our friends. Based on their experiences we kind of build a good relationship with a couple of house and/or B&B owners.
All of these accommodations are having something special to offer (extra services for their guests, advice and help in: English, Dutch, Italian and German, discounts in local restaurants, discount for trips in the area etc.), they all have a beautiful location and prices under the avarage.
The first one is right close to our house and is called "Casita de Luca" www.casitadeluca.it What make this one special is the fact that the owner is a chef and for the guests he's offering a special Sicilian dinner, for which they only have to pay the ingredients.And believe me that's worthing every cent of it :-) !!!
The second one is "Valle Dorata"
www.valledorata.it
This one has a panoramic apartments and 2 houses (they are building the 3rd one and a bigger pool). The garden around is big and with a lot of olive trees and the special thing about them (beyond other services) is that they are organizing often pizza courses. We participate our selves and it was a lot of fun, even if my pizza was more a heart shape the a round shape one ;-)
Lately they are more houses to find, and lots of info about this side of Sicily on : www.on-sicily.com

• Intro Updated Oct 23, 2008

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Wishing you a very happy birthday. Have a great day!

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Happy birthday! Have a great day:)

• Sienlu's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Tanti auguri!!

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Hello, I see you love Sicily too!!! We live there half the year (in two parts) and spent a lovely few days around Castellammare del Golfo in May this year. Best wishes from R :-)

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2012 at 5:28 AM

From the few photos you share with us, Sicily looks lovely. But tell us your secret, how did you manage to find work to support you when you moved to your dream home? I have often dreamed of living in a certain place but could not find work to support myself.
    Enjoy thoroughly living your dream.
    Martin

• connectingrod's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2012 at 3:59 AM

A BIRTHDAY is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

"Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Hello! We (my husband and me) just spent this year's summer holidays on Sicily and we really loved it! That is why I decided now to find people from Sicily or living in Sicily on this site. If you want, we can stay in touch.

Best regards from a very warm and sunny Belgrade,

Jasmina

• orangea's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 7:10 AM

I am looking forward to seeing your part of the world. Greetings!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
lforrro's Profile Photo

lforrro

“We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...”

Location