"Kedarnath, a glimse of heaven" Kedarnath by verasingh
Kedarnath Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 42 photos
Visit www.veraciti.in my personal website on positivity
Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas, Kedarnath is one destination which is more spiritual than religious. The journey is tiring, irritating because of mal-mangement but immensely rewarding. So I would recommend those who are looking out for cosmic solace and evolved spiritual experience should definitely make this journey. When you see Kedarnath for the first time with its serenity and splendour for the first time--- there is only one reaction --- you are awestruck1 How can some place offer you so much at one go! Watch this uploaded pic, it oly speaks a fraction about complete beauty of te place
Reaching Kedarnath is not too much of a trouble since number of modes can get you there. For instance your own car, bus and even helicopter. Whichever is convinient you can opt for that. Base camp is Rishikesh and from there after a night's halt we proceed to rudraprayag, from where the route bifercates for Badrinath and Kedarnath. Badrinath is easier to reach a s the vehicles can go till the destination but for Kedarnath vehicles stop at gauriKund and from there we either go on foot or hire palki or ghodi. There is a helicopter facility too from Phata and Agastya Muni but that needs reservation beforehand and the rates are approx 7000/- per person for to and fro. And you are given one hour for darshan. But true travellers would not like such brief visit so my suggestion is to start on foot from Gaurikund. The experience is worth it!
Much to my joy, Kedarnath's raw beauty is still intact perhaps because there is no proper road! But it is indeed a blessing in disguise. Those going to Kedarnath should be willing to go through few hardships but fresh mountain breeze, greenery, clear snow, blue sky, gurgling mandakini... all are worth it!
- Pros:Natural beauty galore!
- Cons:uncertain weather, landslides, traffic jams, pimps and corruption
it's everywhere! Right from hotels, food, ghodi, palki to dhabas. You cannot escape it. The only solution is what best... more travel advice
verasingh's Related Pages
Kedarnath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The 2 biggies: Kedarnath and Badrinath"
- "Misty Mountain Hop"
- "Kedarnath, a glimse of heaven"
- "Kedarnath -"
- "Kedarnath - The heavenly abode of Lord Shiva"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kedarnath
- Hotels in Kedarnath
- Transportation in Kedarnath
- Restaurants in Kedarnath
- Warnings and Dangers in Kedarnath
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kedarnath
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kedarnath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kedarnath
Top 10 Pages
- Puri Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Leh Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Manali Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Kausani Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mussoorie Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Rishikesh Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Lucknow Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Kedarnath Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- India Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.