"My home town" Lucknow by verasingh
Lucknow Travel Guide: 148 reviews and 429 photos
I am proud to be living in Lucknow because people still care about you. They have time to gossip about you but at the same time stand up in your hour of need. We still call the elders with due respect and know how to entertain a guest.
Lucknow is also a place of historical significance. It has also seen struggle for freedom. Begum Hazrat Mahal denotes the true spirit of Lucknow. Gomti flows through the city and this place is still away from terrorism and I cross my fingers that it remains the same.
There is Bhatkhande Sangeet University, one of the best colleges for learning performing arts, there is Arts College, Lucknow University, an impressive building. Every nook and corner of the city carries a witness to a royal era gone by.
If you are looking for some awesome heritage sites, Lucknow hasBAda Imambara, Dilkusha, Sikanderbagh and a couple of others to enchant you! come visit the place, but be ready to face traffic snarls.
It is also developing quite fast! 3 major malls and one more in the offing. All top brands can be purchased ion the city and you can see fashion too. The city is a fine amalgumation of the traditional and the modern!
90 kms from Lucknow is another city Kanpur which is one of the biggest industrial cities in Norther UP. KAnpur is famous for its leather goods. But when I go theer I make it a point to spend some time at JK temple. It is one place that is sure to make you spell bound. I would call it an oasis!
verasingh's Related Pages
Lucknow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lucknow- City of Nawabs,Culture and Cuisine"
- "Lakshmanpur aka Lucknow"
- "Lucknow - The city of Nawabi Culture"
- "Lucknow, underestimated historical pearl"
- "The Siege of Lucknow"
- "The Last Word on Genteel Behaviour-Lucknow"
- "My home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lucknow
- Hotels in Lucknow
- Transportation in Lucknow
- Nightlife in Lucknow
- Restaurants in Lucknow
- Shopping in Lucknow
- Warnings and Dangers in Lucknow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lucknow
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Lucknow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lucknow
Top 10 Pages
- Puri Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Leh Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Manali Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Kausani Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mussoorie Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Rishikesh Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Lucknow Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Kedarnath Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- India Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.