"The Nomad In Me" pippap's Profile

The Nomad in Mum & Dad

By the time I was eleven, I had lived in six different houses but I'm neither an army child nor the offspring of diplomats. My parents' wanderlust was, by the time I was born, confined to England so I was born in Reading and lived in order in:
Wokingham
Henley-on Thames
Reading
Harlow
Bolton
Bolton (again)
Some might argue I was going downhill (or oop North) all the way but Bolton was a great place to spend my formative years.
The Nevada, the Brass Cat, Bolton Little Theatre, the Town Hall Steps, Trax - there was always plenty to do.

First Trip Abroad

My fear of bedbugs began at an early age when we went on our first overseas holiday in 1974 to the Hôtel Les Orangers in Hammamet, Tunisia which is still standing and has not been totally eaten by the bedbugs with which it was infested then.

• Intro Updated Sep 21, 2006

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2012 at 7:07 AM

1067 members celebrate birthday today and you are one of them. A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish you good luck, good healh and good wealth to keep on travelling. Cheers.

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Hi Pippa, I'm looking forward to meeting you in London for The Treasure Hunt! Best Wishes, Sue

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM

hi its another year on since said hi here - a whole year! - i see you are down to come to Jos treasure hunt - maybe we will have another go at meeting! how have you been?!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2009 at 4:53 AM

Happy Birthday my vt friend I will see you virtually across the office for lunch soon :-)

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM

hi Pippa, I recall many a night spent in the Nevada, the 554 bus the Eccles was my route in and out - see you at the weekend

• Gwynethart's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the birthday greetings. :-)) I have family around the places you have lived!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Happy Birthday !

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 4:28 AM

Enjoy your stay in Paris with your lovely daughter. There is plenty to do for kids. See the reply I gave you to your forum question.

• rholuvbug's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 11:13 PM

Hi Pippa! Can't wait to meet you all in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS! WOO-HOO!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
pippap's Profile Photo

pippap

“Always check the sheets before you get into a strange bed”

Real Name