"Hartford City -- Blink and You Might Miss It" Hartford City by mickeyd302

Hartford City Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 25 photos

My Hometown

This is where I grew up. When I was a teenager, I longed to leave. It is a small town that always seems to be getting smaller with a few points of interest. Nevertheless, I still call it one of my homes as most of my family and extended family still reside in the area. On of the advantages of town slowing dying off and the other areas nearby expanding is the increase in the wildlife. When I was a kid, seeing a deer was big deal. Now in Hartford City it is common place. In addition to the increase in the deer of the population, there are now a multitude of canadian geese, bobcats, coyotes, foxes and other creatures.

There are some historical landmarks that might be worth seeing if you are passing through. Blackford County Historical Society There is also a Civil War reenactment that takes place annually in October. Hartford City Civil War Reenactment

• Pros:Quiet and inexpensive
  • Cons:Not too much to do
  • Last visit to Hartford City: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2007

• Jul 8, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I too grew up in HC. I go back every couple of years because of all of the family there. It is sad to see a whole town die. The courthouse still stands but all of the lil stores that was around the courthouse now are gone. So sad.

mickeyd302 Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Hartford City

Have you been to Hartford City?

Latest Activity in Hartford City