"Vantaa" Top 5 Page for this destination Vantaa by GuntherHK
Vantaa Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 107 photos
Vantaa is part of the capital city area (Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa and Kauniainen). One fifth of Finnish population lives in this area.
Vantaa itself is the 4th biggest city in Finland by population.
In the matter of fact there are two centrals in Vantaa. One in the east (Tikkurila) and one in west side (Myyrmäki).
It is quite young city, established 01.01.1974. Before that Vantaa used to be rural Helsinki. How many of you can say that you are older than city that you are living in? :)
To be honest I have to say that Vantaa is not a tourist city but there are few places worth of visiting. It is a nice place to live in but not much more.
The biggest airport in Finland is located in the middle of Vantaa. Official name is Helsinki-Vantaa airport. So if you are coming to Helsinki you will actually land in Vantaa.
Finnish championship league basketball. Local basketball team Pussihukat plays their homegames in Myyrmäki. New home... more travel advice
Popular pub in Tikkurila. There is also nightclub on the second floor. Open till 03.00 on weekends. more travel advice
GuntherHK's Related Pages
Vantaa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vantaa - Vanda"
- "This is where I am from!"
- "Vantaa - the Baron's city of residence"
- "Vantaa- a rural city"
- "The fourth largest town in Finland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vantaa
- Hotels in Vantaa
- Transportation in Vantaa
- Nightlife in Vantaa
- Restaurants in Vantaa
- Shopping in Vantaa
- Warnings and Dangers in Vantaa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vantaa
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Vantaa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vantaa
Top 10 Pages
- Tartu Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vantaa Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Belfast Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Innsbruck Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Dresden Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Finland 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Venice 1 review, 4 photos