"Nong Kai...A Peaceful Little Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Nong Khai by imran8852
Nong Khai Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 305 photos
A peaceful town situated in the North-eastern Thailand on the bank of Mekong River which is the border of Thailand and Laos. Nong Kai Is about 615km from Bangkok and 25km from Vientiane, the Laotian Capital.
The Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge that stretches across the Mekong River has made Nong Kai more popular to the world as a base to explore both countries.
Back in S,pore, we really miss the quiet atmosphere & the slow pace of life in Nong Kai more than we miss Bangkok!
So near & yet so far…Laos is just across the border & we could not help but wonder…how many dead bodies were actually in this river!
- Pros:Peaceful town with friendly people
- Cons:Hard to get 'Halal' food
The place here is not as alive as Bangkok but for those who still like to hang out with friends or something…There’s... more travel advice
There are many guest houses in Nong Khai. Finding one to suit your budget or liking won’t be so hard…I guess this is... more travel advice
imran8852's Related Pages
Nong Khai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nong Kai...A Peaceful Little Town"
- "Nong Khai by The Mekong River"
- "Nong Khai"
- "Rice Farming was never on my itinerary!"
- "Border town to cross into Laos"
- "A Day in Nong Khai..."
- "Big Town which connects to vientiane (Laos)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nong Khai
- Hotels in Nong Khai
- Transportation in Nong Khai
- Nightlife in Nong Khai
- Restaurants in Nong Khai
- Shopping in Nong Khai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nong Khai
- 29 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Nong Khai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nong Khai
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 37 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nong Khai Intro, 29 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos
- Padang Endau Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos
- Singapore Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos