"5 Star Dining in Oakhurst" Top 5 Page for this destination Oakhurst by orcoastgirl
Oakhurst Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 62 photos
We have dined at this exquisite restaurant a few times over the years. While on our way to Bass Lake we stopped here so my husband could register for one of the cooking classes. They were preparing for Valentine's Day and everything was beautiful. There were flowers streaming from the ceiling, nice little touches all over the restaurant. The menu changes frequently and it is best to check their website to see what is being offered the day you want to dine here. This is truly one of the nicest place to dine in the entire area.
We gave my husband a gift certificate for a cooking class for Christmas of 2005 that he had not used, so we stopped in to book a class for him since they fill up quickly. You can register for 1/2 day Sat. classes or 3 full days of cooking instruction. Your class includes lunch and wine tasting and the half day classes book for $275/pp. YOu will be instructed by some of the great chefs in the area.
There is also lodging at the Estate of the Elderberries. The Chateau du Sureau offers several very nice rooms and a full gourmet breakfast is included with your meal. We have not stayed in one of these rooms as of yet, but would love to sometime in the future. Recently they have also opened the Spa du Sureau where you can enjoy pampering at it's finest while in the Oakhurst area. Ooh la la!
- Pros:A very nice little mountain town close to Yosemite National Park
- In a nutshell:You Can Enjoy First Class Dining and Accomodations in Oakhurst at the Elderberry House. Close to Yosemite National Park
orcoastgirl's Related Pages
Oakhurst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OAKHURST, GATEWAY TO YOSEMITE"
- "Charming Oarkhurst"
- "mibrew's new Oakhurst Page"
- "The Mountain Village of Oakhurst"
- "5 Star Dining in Oakhurst"
- "Gateway to Yosemite"
- "Southern Gateway to Yosemite"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oakhurst
- Hotels in Oakhurst
- Transportation in Oakhurst
- Restaurants in Oakhurst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oakhurst
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Oakhurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oakhurst
Photos in OakhurstSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Monterey 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Portland 6 reviews, 28 photos
- South Lake Tahoe 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Cannon Beach 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Yountville 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Laguna Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Astoria 3 reviews, 14 photos
- San Francisco 2 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Oakhurst hotel reviews
- Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn
- 699 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Shilo Inn Oakhurst
- 307 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Houndstooth Inn
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Comfort Inn Yosemite Area
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Oakhurst Lodge
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Chateau Du Sureau
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013