"Monterrey - The City of Mountains" Monterrey by CeciliaL

Monterrey Travel Guide: 305 reviews and 582 photos

I Love The Mountains

One of the many attractions in Monterrey is the abundance of beautiful mountains. I really like mountains. I have been to Monterrey a few times now.... But I still remember my first trip - I was like a crazy tourist taking tons of pictures of the mountains. I guess that is something I really miss when I used to live in Minnesota, USA. It is a pretty flat state.

Local Birthday Party

I was so happy that I got invited to a local family's birthday party. The two girls' birthdays were only one week apart. So they had their birthday party together.

The weather was beautiful - nice, sunny, warm. We all had a great time. We spent a lot of time taking about their school, our different background, traditions in Monterrey, the list was endless.

The kids had a blast hitting a pinata. It was so much fun watching them - made me feel like I was a kid again.

Lovely Mexicans!!

The people at Monterrey are so unbelievably warm and welcoming. I have no talent in learning Spanish, everytime I tried to speak something in Spanish, they would be so happy that I was trying. Not necessarily understanding what I was trying to say - because my pronounciation was HORRIBLE.

Despite our language barrier, I managed to have a great time - we did a short tour in the Garcia cave. Went salsa dancing until morning, ......

What really strict me was that people at Monterrey really went out of their way to help me, to show me around, to introduce me to their friends, family.

Oooooh, I really miss this town.......

• Pros:The people are so warm there - I really feel like I am part of their family.
  • Cons:Many people don't speak English, unfortunately I don't have the talent to speak Spanish......
  • In a nutshell:It is a wonderful city - I recommend anyone who is going to Mexico pay a visit here!!
  • Last visit to Monterrey: Aug 2005
  • Intro Written Jul 25, 2006

CeciliaL

“Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy!!”

Badges & Stats in Monterrey

Have you been to Monterrey?