"Monterrey - The City of Mountains" Monterrey by CeciliaL
Monterrey Travel Guide: 312 reviews and 615 photos
One of the many attractions in Monterrey is the abundance of beautiful mountains. I really like mountains. I have been to Monterrey a few times now.... But I still remember my first trip - I was like a crazy tourist taking tons of pictures of the mountains. I guess that is something I really miss when I used to live in Minnesota, USA. It is a pretty flat state.
I was so happy that I got invited to a local family's birthday party. The two girls' birthdays were only one week apart. So they had their birthday party together.
The weather was beautiful - nice, sunny, warm. We all had a great time. We spent a lot of time taking about their school, our different background, traditions in Monterrey, the list was endless.
The kids had a blast hitting a pinata. It was so much fun watching them - made me feel like I was a kid again.
The people at Monterrey are so unbelievably warm and welcoming. I have no talent in learning Spanish, everytime I tried to speak something in Spanish, they would be so happy that I was trying. Not necessarily understanding what I was trying to say - because my pronounciation was HORRIBLE.
Despite our language barrier, I managed to have a great time - we did a short tour in the Garcia cave. Went salsa dancing until morning, ......
What really strict me was that people at Monterrey really went out of their way to help me, to show me around, to introduce me to their friends, family.
Oooooh, I really miss this town.......
- Pros:The people are so warm there - I really feel like I am part of their family.
- Cons:Many people don't speak English, unfortunately I don't have the talent to speak Spanish......
- In a nutshell:It is a wonderful city - I recommend anyone who is going to Mexico pay a visit here!!
If you are interseted to do something fun, mix with locals, I would strongly recommend going to a salsa dance club. It... more travel advice
CeciliaL's Related Pages
Monterrey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "arteimagen's new Monterrey Page"
- "Vibrant North Mexican City"
- "My Lovely Monterrey City"
- "Madness in Monterrey"
- "Monterrey, My New Home"
- "Monterrey, Nuevo León"
- "Monterrey: Vibrant, Classy Northern Mexico City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monterrey
- Hotels in Monterrey
- Transportation in Monterrey
- Nightlife in Monterrey
- Restaurants in Monterrey
- Shopping in Monterrey
- Warnings and Dangers in Monterrey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monterrey
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Monterrey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monterrey
Top 10 Pages
- Taohua Dao Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Monterrey Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Lugnano Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Sydney Intro, 3 photos
- Minnesota Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Melbourne Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 1 review, 1 photo