"Never enough Time!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton by babygrand

Hamilton Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 343 photos

A chance to visit with family

Just got back from a weekender in Hamilton, Ontario. At first, we weren't too impressed, apparently the down town core is suffering. Incredible buildings were left to literally fall apart. Some signs of an effort to restore the down town core.
BUT!! My sister & her hubby came down and took us outside the city, and WOW. The Botanical gardens just about knocked us over. With only a few hours, we really missed a lot.

Royal Hamilton Light Infantry

For the history buff, you really should make an effort to visit the R.H.L.I Museum housed in the basement of the Armories on James Street. There is an incredible collection of memorabilia from both world wars, and other events which this regiments has been involved with. This unit has a well-deserved reputation for honour and valour. Their losses in WWII were incredible, yet they were one of the groups instrumental in the Liberation of Holland 61 years ago. Their effort was an integral part of pushing the invaders back into Germany, at great cost to them, both individually and as a unit.

Visiting family

Because we only see each other once a year, it was such a treat to be able to call and say "Hey, I'm going to be in the neighbourhood, how about a coffee?" This was a special treat.

• Pros:Lots to do and see
  • Cons:down town core is kind of rough.
  • In a nutshell:I would like to get back to finish the "see & do" part
  • Last visit to Hamilton: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2007

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Hi Betty, I missed to go and see Hamilton when I was in Ontario, back in 2005. Greetings from Saskatoon.

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2008 at 10:02 AM

We might be visiting in September. You forgot to say something (anything) about the Tigercats (for the men in the crowd) ;o)

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Nice tips, more photos would be good and likely to get you higher ratings. Lesley

babygrand

“How can you not travel? It's a big world out there!”

Badges & Stats in Hamilton

Have you been to Hamilton?

Latest Activity in Hamilton