"South Africa" South Africa by MichaelFalk1969

South Africa Travel Guide: 12,105 reviews and 29,036 photos

Wild South Africa!

If you go there, it will probably be the trip of your lifetime. An incredibly diverse country which has lots more to offer than just wild animals and picture-perfect beaches.

The people are friendly, relaxed, helpful (well, those we met at least). The ethnical diversity and interesting, if troubled, history is worth to be studied. The accomodation (even the B&B`s) where high class-standard. The food and wine was gorgeous. The landscapes were a treat for the eyes. The great outdoors invite to be hiked. Not to forget the thrills of meeting wild animals in their natural surroundings.

I would not want to have missed all this.

• Pros:people, weather, beaches, wine, food, animals, national parks ...
  • Cons:safety concerns; no public transport except mini-busses
  • In a nutshell:My favourite destination so far
  • Last visit to South Africa: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2009

Travelogues (1)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2009 at 8:55 AM

It's great you've been there, Michael! Thanks for your nice page! ><><

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 7:05 AM

What a beautiful account of my country thank you :) Makes me so homesick!!! Can't wait to go back.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Oh how I love to read about my country, especially when it is so positive. Thank you. Knysna is a beautiful area.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2009 at 9:01 AM

I really enjoyed reading your page on SA, where I live. You give a very honest and good impression! Hope you will return some day.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 7:34 AM

Wonderful page of South Africa. Great animal photos - the baboon prefers coke, LOL. I agree that we should buy souvenir directly from local small vendors.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Thanks for the lovely comments about my beautiful country ;-)

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Wonderful photos and tips. I liked the baboon sitting on the car drinking coke. It is an amazing country, isn't it? Thanks for the tour. Diane

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2007 at 6:30 AM

Good photos and tips. I'll be back in 5 weeks - can't wait to get some winter sunshine! Gillybob greetings

• cleocat's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2006 at 11:59 AM

At last I'm finished. I started looking at your pages a few days ago and they are great. Beutiful pics of Cape town. I'm glad you like our beautiful country.

• sunshinejo's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 4:50 AM

Great South Africa page... it's such a beautiful country - I love reading about it! Jo

MichaelFalk1969 Visits Here Frequently!

MichaelFalk1969

“and miles to go before I sleep ...”

Badges & Stats in South Africa

Have you been to South Africa?

Latest Activity in South Africa