"Frankfurt" Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main by MichaelFalk1969
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide: 1,776 reviews and 3,874 photos
Frankfurt is the financial hub of Germany; it hosts the stock exchange and most major and minor banks. Apart from that, it has some nice parks, a beautiful botanical garden, a zoo, excellent museums, theater, opera, a few restored historical houses (the "Römer") in the old town square, interesting modern architecture, shopping possibilities galore and lots of restaurants and bars.
There are many German cities that come to my mind that have much, much less to offer. Since I live here, I have recognized that the rather negative or at least indifferent reputation of Frankfurt ("better skip it"; "I wouldn`t want to live here"; "just banks and the airport") is totally undeserved. I`m planning on a longer stay.
Another big point in favour of Frankfurt is its central location, which makes it a good base to explore Hessia. There are lots of destinations in daytrip-distance that deserve a visit, most can be reached easily with public transport (see my off the beaten path - tips).
- Pros:culture, architecture, restaurant scene
- Cons:cost of living, some dull or run-down suburbs
- In a nutshell:"Money, Money, Money"
The highest mountain near Frankfurt with more than 800 meters elevation, and a rewarding hike year round. The hike... more travel advice
Although Frankfurt is a urban metropolis, it is still embedded within a rural landscape on the city fringes. So it is... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the world's best opera company"
- "The most Un-German City in Germany"
- "Main Metropolis"
- "A city better than its reputation"
- "Frankfurt - aka "Mainhattan""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfurt am Main
- Hotels in Frankfurt am Main
- Transportation in Frankfurt am Main
- Nightlife in Frankfurt am Main
- Restaurants in Frankfurt am Main
- Shopping in Frankfurt am Main
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfurt am Main
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main
- 91 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main
- created a Frankfurt am Main Travelogue "Regionalpark Rundroute - Cycling Path (4)"
- Wrote a Review Feldberg (Taunus) in Frankfurt am Main Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Feldberg (Taunus)"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Half a photo"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Frankfurt am Main travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 185 reviews, 308 photos, 16 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 91 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 38 reviews, 139 photos, 15 travelogues
- London Intro, 72 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 58 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue