"Goslar - a historic mining town" Top 5 Page for this destination Goslar by MichaelFalk1969
Goslar Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 293 photos
Goslar in Lower Saxony is today a quiet provincial city, but in the Middle Ages it had much greater historic significance.
Once it was a rich mining and trading town, later a member of the Hanseatic League, and even Emperors coveted the posession of this place. The medieval conflict between Emperor Friedrich "Barbarossa" and Duke Henry "the Lion" of Saxony escalated when Henry demanded Goslar for the continued support of the Emperor.
The many preserved historic buildings in the city testify the wealth of the Goslar patricians. Even economic history was written in Goslar, as the historic home of the Siemens family ("Siemenshaus") stands here.
A building of specific historic significance is located in the "Schreiberstrasse" in Goslar - the red-orange,... more travel advice
The central market square of Goslar is surrounded by beautiful historic buildings, such as the Old Town Hall, the... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Goslar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goslar: Old Town Jewel"
- "The most beautiful city in Lower Saxony"
- "Picture-perfect medieval town!"
- "Goslar - a historic mining town"
- "World Heritage mountain city"
- "My Goslar page..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goslar
- Hotels in Goslar
- Transportation in Goslar
- Restaurants in Goslar
- Shopping in Goslar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goslar
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Goslar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goslar
Photos in GoslarSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 183 reviews, 291 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 91 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 69 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 38 reviews, 131 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 58 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue