"Hameln" Top 5 Page for this destination Hameln by MichaelFalk1969
Hameln Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 212 photos
Hameln is a wonderful small place with a lot of historic heritage, a little off the beaten path from the classic tourist routes but very worthwhile to visit. The legend of the Pied Piper contributed much to the popularity of the city and is thoroughly exploited by the locals: rats (though not live ones) are everywhere. Apart from that, Hameln has a unique Old Town where half-timbered architecture blends in with patricians houses built in the style of the "Weser Renaissance", typical for the region.
- Pros:architecture, idyllic, interesting city museum
I like to see a city from above, so I paid willingly 50 cent to climb the tower of church St. Nicolai. The stairs were... more travel advice
The limestone "Hochzeitshaus" was actually the last Weser renaissance style building in Hameln, finished 1617, one year... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Hameln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hameln - Home of the Pied Piper"
- "Pied Piper of Hamelin"
- "The city of The Pied Piper"
- "HAMELN & The story of the Pied Piper"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hameln
- Hotels in Hameln
- Transportation in Hameln
- Nightlife in Hameln
- Restaurants in Hameln
- Shopping in Hameln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hameln
- 16 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Hameln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hameln
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 196 reviews, 322 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 39 reviews, 140 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 58 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue