"Germany - Home, sweet Home!" Germany by MichaelFalk1969
Germany Travel Guide: 56,928 reviews and 167,345 photos
Germany: My home country and - in my humble opinion - one of the most rewarding tourist destinations in the world. Germany is probably best-known for the "obvious" sights like Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag etc. in Berlin, the Cathedral of Cologne (Kölner Dom), the palaces of Ludwig II., but there are plenty of attractions off the beaten path: small historic villages, outdoor experiences and hiking in natural parks, unusual museums, and more. Even as a native I am constantly surprised when I discover places that were not known to me for years.
My page intends to give an overview of the "big sights" as well as the hidden gems of Germany. The difference between "on" and "off" the beaten path seems to be rather pointless for Germany, as almost every attraction can be reached easily. I just add those destinations in the "off the beaten path" sections that seem to me less-known. More and more, I try to include travelogues on this page when I can`t give a destination justice in a single things-to-do-tip.
P.S. This page is more or less under permanent construction as I am still in the process of scanning my Germany travel photos. It might be a good idea to re-visit this page from time to time.
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Germany - Home, sweet Home!"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 697 Reviews
- 810 Photos
- 44 Forum posts
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
- updated a Germany Travelogue "Braveheart-Battle Run 08.03.2014 - u/c"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Braveheart-Battle Run 08.03.2014 - u/c"
- Wrote a Review Nature Reserve Hervester Bruch/Dorsten - u/c in Germany Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of MichaelFalk1969's Germany travelogues
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Half a photo"
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 286 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 91 reviews, 112 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 69 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 38 reviews, 131 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 58 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue