"Germany - Home, sweet Home!" Germany by MichaelFalk1969

Germany Travel Guide: 57,022 reviews and 167,824 photos

I like it here!

Germany: My home country and - in my humble opinion - one of the most rewarding tourist destinations in the world. Germany is probably best-known for the "obvious" sights like Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag etc. in Berlin, the Cathedral of Cologne (Kölner Dom), the palaces of Ludwig II., but there are plenty of attractions off the beaten path: small historic villages, outdoor experiences and hiking in natural parks, unusual museums, and more. Even as a native I am constantly surprised when I discover places that were not known to me for years.

My page intends to give an overview of the "big sights" as well as the hidden gems of Germany. The difference between "on" and "off" the beaten path seems to be rather pointless for Germany, as almost every attraction can be reached easily. I just add those destinations in the "off the beaten path" sections that seem to me less-known. More and more, I try to include travelogues on this page when I can`t give a destination justice in a single things-to-do-tip.

P.S. This page is more or less under permanent construction as I am still in the process of scanning my Germany travel photos. It might be a good idea to re-visit this page from time to time.

• Last visit to Germany: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 11, 2013

MichaelFalk1969 Visits Here Frequently!

MichaelFalk1969

“and miles to go before I sleep ...”

Badges & Stats in Germany

Have you been to Germany?

Latest Activity in Germany