"Lüneburger Heide - a unique nature spot !" Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide by MichaelFalk1969
Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 52 photos
The Lüneburger Heide (heather) is a national park area of great natural beauty located roughly between Hannover to the south and Hamburg to the northwest - actually, it is one of my favourite vacation areas in Germany outside high season (August).
The landscape is dominated by heather, moor and birch woods (ideal for hiking); the "highest" elevation is the "Wilseder Berg" (Mount Wilsede) - a practical joke, since it is only 170 m "high".
The hiking paths to the "Totengrund" or the "Pietzmoor" are also very worthwhile. The small Heide-Museum in Wilsede (only accessible by foot or bycicle) shows how the local farmers coped with the poor soil in the olden days.
A possible base for exploring the Lüneburger Heide would be the small village of Schneverdingen, but it is more fun to stay in one of the many farm houses which have been converted to accomodate tourists.
Many historic cities are only a short driving distance from here, like Lüneburg, Celle etc. Also worth seeing: The bird zoo (Vogelpark) in Walsrode.
- Pros:quiet, lots of nature, easy hiking paths, cheap
- Cons:crowded in August (high season - heather blossoming)
- In a nutshell:one of my favourite places in Germany ...
The small hamlet of Wilsede has a nice restaurant which is a convenient stop for a drink or a meal between hikes. The... more travel advice
The Eggersmühlen farmhouse was built in 1857 and serves now as a guest house/pension. The house is beautiful, and the... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
- Hotels in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
- Transportation in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
- Restaurants in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
- Shopping in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Half a photo"
- updated a Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide Travel Page "Lüneburger Heide - a unique nature spot !"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lüneburger Heide - a unique nature spot !"
- Wrote a Review a good Wilsede restaurant in Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide Restaurants
- Commented on one of nepalgoods's Naturschutzpark Lüneburger Heide travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 194 reviews, 322 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 38 reviews, 139 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 58 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue