"Münster & the Münsterland" Top 5 Page for this destination Münster by MichaelFalk1969
Münster Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 626 photos
One of the lesser-known historic cities of Germany - you don`t know what you miss!
A papal ambassador in Münster said once: Either it rains in Münster, or the church bells ring, or both. It is true that it rains pretty often in the region, and due to the many churches in Münster, there is a high probability that this statement is correct. A beautiful historic German city with lots to see.
The most famous female German poet, Annette von Droste-Hülshoff, member of a noble family from the Münsterland region, once said: "The Münsterland is as pleasant as a country without any obvious sights, mountains, valleys, lakes, big rivers etc. can possibly be". Well said, and truly said. The biggest attraction are the unique moated castles which are so typical for the Münsterland.
An additional advantage: As the countryside is very flat, it is ideal cycling country. There is a whole network of cycling paths ("Pättkes") connecting the interesting locations.
- Pros:nice Old Town; cyclist-friendly-city
- Cons:beware of the cyclists !; sometimes rainy; moated castles not always open for visitors
Please note that while some castles are completely open to the public (like Nordkirchen, Raesfeld, Lembeck, Anholt),... more travel advice
This moated castle with its typical blue-white windows and gates is privately-owned and especially hard to find. It can... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Münster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cycling and opera in Münster"
- "Moscow - Münster"
- "Pinkus Münster"
- "Münster & the Münsterland"
- "Muenster (Meine zweite Heimat!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Münster
- Hotels in Münster
- Transportation in Münster
- Nightlife in Münster
- Restaurants in Münster
- Shopping in Münster
- Warnings and Dangers in Münster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Münster
- 26 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Münster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Münster
Photos in MünsterSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 170 reviews, 249 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 91 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 69 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 38 reviews, 124 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 58 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Münster hotel reviews
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2012