"How the West was won !" United States of America by MichaelFalk1969
United States of America Travel Guide: 302,080 reviews and 721,677 photos
I travel quite a lot, but somehow a visit to the United States never materialized for me. The USA were always on my short list of possible destinations, but somehow other destinations always beat them in the end.
Fast forward to October 2011: All of a sudden I had both time and money to travel for three weeks and urgently needed a destination. This time it is the USA, and due to the friendly weather forecast the Southwestern States (California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico) were where I chose to go first.
It turned out to be a great road trip which covered L.A., Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Mount Zion, Arches, Monument Valley, Santa Fe and Taos. Just driving through the vast territory on often very scenic (and sometimes dull) roads, with Country Music/Classic Rock in your radio and the possibility to change your itinerary whenever you like, is pure fun & freedom. I was happy to have the chance to visit many once in a lifetime-destinations which I had dreamed to see one day. Especially the Arizona/Southern Utah corner with Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Mount Zion is a hiker`s dream.
Since then, we have visited many other US destinations (Alaska, Hawaii, Yellowstone, NYC ..) I have dedicated own VT Pages to. It ist still only a fraction of what you can see in the USA, but - it`s a start. I hope to add many more U.S. locations (New England, Florida, San Francisco, California ...) over the next years.
... until the West is finally won !
- Pros:friendly, helpful locals; relatively cheap; diverse natural and man-made attractions
- Cons:the fast food (lack of choice & quality)
- In a nutshell:Go west !!!
The National Museum of Wildlife Art is located about three miles north of Jackson Hole, built on a bluff in a... more travel advice
The town of Thermopolis is a good stop-over between Yellowstone National Park and South Dakota (connected by Highway... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 194 Reviews
- 341 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (341)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 210 reviews, 347 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 49 reviews, 159 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Berlin Intro, 60 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 23 reviews, 87 photos, 8 travelogues