"... memorable Barcelona !" Barcelona by MichaelFalk1969
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,772 reviews and 22,424 photos
Barcelona was the first spanish city I visited in 1991, and I liked the place instantly. Unfortunately it took me ages - until 2010 - to re-visit Barcelona. Some things had changed (for the better), like the complete renewal of the harbour area; but for the most part all was still as I remembered and loved it.
What I especially liked were the many "living statues" along "Las Ramblas" While some may regard them as a nuisance (I heartily recommend the British crime comedy "Hot Fuzz", where the good townspeople dread the the negative influx of the living statue - "It`ll have to dealt with!"), I think no other city has more "living statues" and certainly those in Barcelona are the most creative ones.
Also, Parc Guell (created bv Gaudi) - though overrun with tourists - is one of the most beautiful places I know in the world. Gaudi was a real genius and his work is a great, inspiring and positive contribution to mankind. Hope to see the completion of "La Sagrada Familia" in my lifetime.
An additional incentive for my Barcelona weekend was the fact that I had just finished reading "The Cathedral by the Sea" and "The Shadow of the Wind", the two excellent novels that managed to even further popular interest in Barcelona as a location. To all who loved the books: you should go to Barcelona, if only to add some mental images of the stories.
- Pros:Gaudi, architecture, restaurant scene, "living statues", Guell Parc
The Columbus monument dates back to 1888, where it was built in the course of a world exhibition (Columbus reported to... more travel advice
The Basilica de la Sagrada Familia is - although not yet completed in 2014 - already an iconic building of Barcelona and... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 20 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 204 reviews, 336 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 39 reviews, 140 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Berlin Intro, 60 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 23 reviews, 87 photos, 8 travelogues