"Slovakia - well worth visiting !" Top 5 Page for this destination Slovakia by MichaelFalk1969

Slovakia Travel Guide: 4,166 reviews and 10,832 photos

Beautiful Slovakia !

You are now entering my very first VT page!

Slovakia is a hidden treasure of Eastern Europe: Bratislava is well worth a visit as the capital city, and the High Tatra region is a hiking heaven with snowcapped mountains, lakes, and waterfalls galore. As an additional bonus, it is not very expensive and even in high season not overrun by tourists.

What I especially liked was that - when driving through the countryside - it seems that time stood still here. I went through rural villages that reminded me very much of how Germany looked in my childhood, before agriculture was taken over by modern technology.

Would love to go there a second time !

• Pros:nature; excellent hiking trails; low prices
  • Cons:not all locals speak english (but you`ll get along)
  • Last visit to Slovakia: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 21, 2014

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM

I went in August for one afternoon for the first time to Bratislava and I must admit that I was surprised very pleasantly - the center of the city (the old town) is very nice indeed!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Michael- some lovely pictures of Slovakia. I didn't get to see Bratislava very well-concentrated more on castles and the Tatras. Well done!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I would like to spend some more time in this beautiful country....

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2008 at 3:19 PM

I loooooove Gargoyles!!! Wish I had this fellow on my house :)

• prleprle's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 4:56 AM

Slovakia is definatelly worth visiting! Great page for this beautifull country.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 2:16 AM

I really like your pictures. Lots of good info, too.

• Aug 2, 2006 at 10:03 AM

This IS a fabulous page with gorgeous photos - now I wish I had spent a few days in this country than just a few hours in Bratislava. :))

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 12:31 PM

Ohhh, fabulous start about one of my favourite East European capitals ... I especially like the painting of the castle...where did you take that photo??? :-)

MichaelFalk1969 Visits Here Frequently!

MichaelFalk1969

“and miles to go before I sleep ...”

Badges & Stats in Slovakia

Have you been to Slovakia?