"Beloved Bamberg !" Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg by MichaelFalk1969
Bamberg Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 1,468 photos
I have a special place in my heart for this city as I lived and studied there for 2 1/2 years. Due to the fact that Bamberg miraculously escaped most of the World War 2 - bombings, it features a uniquely preserved Old Town with a picture-perfect ensemble of medieval, renaissance and baroque elements. It is a vibrant student city with lots of cafes, restaurants and a general high quality of living.
And as I have lived there once, I never feel as a tourist when I visit Bamberg. I feel instantly at home again, like I`ve just been away for a short while.
- Pros:architecture, history, food, smoke beer
- Cons:traffic wardens
- In a nutshell:"Smoke Beer Capital"
St. Michael is a magnificent baroque church belonging to a Bamberg monastery. This church has flower and herb motifs... more travel advice
Both sides of the Old Town Hall are richly decorated with colourful baroque mural paintings. (The interior of the Old... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Bamberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Famous landmarks"
- "Wonderful Bamberg"
- "Medieval Bamberg"
- "Beloved Bamberg !"
- "Bamberg - every cloud has a silver lining"
- "The best of Bamberg...."
- "Bamberg - an UNESCO world heritage site"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bamberg
- Hotels in Bamberg
- Transportation in Bamberg
- Nightlife in Bamberg
- Restaurants in Bamberg
- Shopping in Bamberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Bamberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bamberg
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Bamberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bamberg
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 198 reviews, 326 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 39 reviews, 140 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Berlin Intro, 60 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue