"Bayreuth" Bayreuth by MichaelFalk1969
Bayreuth Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 157 photos
I love Bayreuth - I studied there. The story I like best about Bayreuth is how the archduchess Wilhelmine, favourite sister of Frederick the Great, King of Prussia, came to the place in the 18th century, found it incredibly boring and decided to build some sights like the Hermitage to make it more attractive. She was very successful indeed!
- Pros:student city, architecture, beergarden
- Cons:lack of nightlife
One of the oldest buildings in the inner city of Bayreuth is the "Mohrenapotheke" pharmacy. There is a beautiful... more travel advice
Bayreuth has no Old Town in the strict sense of the word, but along the "Maximilianstrasse" and some of the attached... more travel advice
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Bayreuth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Quaint German Town"
- "The capital of moslem sleepers - by Jorg"
- "Bayreuth: a secret well kept"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayreuth
- Hotels in Bayreuth
- Transportation in Bayreuth
- Nightlife in Bayreuth
- Restaurants in Bayreuth
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayreuth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayreuth
- 15 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Bayreuth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayreuth
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 183 reviews, 291 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 91 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 69 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 38 reviews, 131 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 58 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 41 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue