"Bayreuth" Bayreuth by MichaelFalk1969

Bayreuth Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 157 photos

Wagner Village !

I love Bayreuth - I studied there. The story I like best about Bayreuth is how the archduchess Wilhelmine, favourite sister of Frederick the Great, King of Prussia, came to the place in the 18th century, found it incredibly boring and decided to build some sights like the Hermitage to make it more attractive. She was very successful indeed!

• Pros:student city, architecture, beergarden
  • Cons:lack of nightlife
  • Last visit to Bayreuth: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Nice page! Sounds like plenty to see & do here!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

In addition to Bamberg, we are to try and stop here for the lovely sites. You must have enjoyed the college days taking in the beauty of the city.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Hello, Michael! I have only heard about this place... You were lucky to study here..><><><><><

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Would love to see a Wagner opera, so just how difficult is it to get tickets?! Nice page:) Silke in Orlando

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Interesting page!!! It was a pity I wasn't able to go there!!! :( You are right about Bamberg...It is one of my best Bavarian towns with few tourists!!! CIAO!!!!

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2006 at 7:22 PM

Some impressive buildings at Bayreuth, no doubt! But... would you recommend me to visit Bayreuth or Bamberg?Unfortunately, I dont think I am gonna have time enough for both. Thanks for sharing.

MichaelFalk1969

“and miles to go before I sleep ...”

Badges & Stats in Bayreuth

Have you been to Bayreuth?

Latest Activity in Bayreuth