"A short visit to Pescara" Top 5 Page for this destination Pescara by Fra.da.

Pescara Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 111 photos

Welcome to Abruzzo

I went to Pescara because of business, and stayed there 3 nights. My parents decided to join me... They spent their time in and around Abruzzo, visiting Pescara, Chieti, Sulmona, the wild beaches and the lush countryside. I couldn’t, since I needed to attend a 8-hour-per-day seminar. I had too little time to visit Pescara, but I must say I liked what I saw. Pescara is a lively city, not too rich in art & culture (compared to many other Italian cities) but very pleasant and full of shopping outlets & fine restaurants and bars. Its people are extremely kind and cheerful… So, I think I’ll be happy to go back in the future!

City life

Corso Umberto I is the main lively street of Pescara. It connects the seaside & the beach to the main road, and it is for pedestrians only – cars are not allowed. There you will find loads of interesting and cheap shops and many fine bars. Very crowded on weekends and at summer season.

Here I was

Here is a picture of me and my mum in corso Umberto I, enjoying a nice evening in downtown Pescara

• Last visit to Pescara: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2007

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2007 at 3:31 PM

Hello, Francesca--I believe my husband's mother was from Abruzzo. Enjoyed your tips...let me be the first to wish you Happy Holidays...

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 5:22 PM

This sounds like quite a business trip! Thanks for the excellent hotel and restaurant tips - so many things to choose from. With my wife's family living in England, it is difficult to sneak away to continental Europe!

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Yummy! Hope to see more Pescara tips. Cheers!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2007 at 8:10 AM

Varda ciò che bela tosa! E anche la mama no xe mal! (Spero che tu parli o almeno capisca il nostro bel dialetto) Interessanti anche i tip su ristoranti e hotel.

Badges & Stats in Pescara

Have you been to Pescara?

Latest Activity in Pescara