"Absecon (Ab-see-cun) ... not Ab-See-CON" Absecon by April1985
Absecon Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 23 photos
The fact that I live 2 minutes away from Absecon makes my life amazing. I love Absecon. I think its cute, and adorable. Its like our little town. There is an eckard, cvs, blockbuster, ACME.. etc.. Absecon is filled with suprises. Not to mention the white horse pike, which is home to fast food places, cheap motels, and most importantly WAWA!!! (You laugh now, but if you have ever visited a WAWA, you will be hooked.. and no, its not a 711... its a WAWA!)
*update* may 20, 2008 - Sad to say , I have made a mistake. I spoke of ACME , as a wonderful place. But in all honesty , I only went there to buy expensive Tupperware (why? i have no clue ... ) I think it was because it was next to blockbuster, and I figured, oh, i will be making popcorn, wouldnt it be cute to put my pop corn in a special plastic bowl with a red lid ! Well , as "kenner" had explained to me, SHOP RITE is the place to be. And yes, He is correct . I <3 Shop rite (not to mention that they just opened one up in galloway - my real hometown! ) Well, Shop Rite ... your going to laugh at me , has the best bakery . You can pre order cakes , and even ask for their special butter cream icing .. mmm .. delicious :) And such a friendly staff ..
Thanks Kenner for reminding me of shop rite :) how could I forget such a glam place ? hahaha
During the summer time, Atlantic City shoots off fireworks. And instead of driving into AC, you can just watch them from Absecon! Absecon is what connects south jersey to atlantic city. (Not a lot of people know this) So if you have ever been to atlantic city, you have driven through absecon!! (or at least past it) Anyway, Absecon has a great view of the firewoks, and everyone knows about it, especially the locals !
- Pros:Great views of AC, especially at night, great food, great prices, cute town
- Cons:white horse pike is full of cheap hooker motels, and fast food places
- In a nutshell:amazing food !
My husband and I went to Romanelli's in Galloway for our 2 year anniversary dinner. The food looked AMAZING! It was very... more travel advice
Rifici's Ristorante is a place my family goes to very often. They have delicious food and the people who work here are... more travel advice
April1985's Related Pages
Absecon Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Absecon
- Hotels in Absecon
- Nightlife in Absecon
- Restaurants in Absecon
- Shopping in Absecon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Absecon
- 20 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Absecon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Absecon
- Wrote a Review Anniversary Dinner! about Romanelli's Garden Cafe in Absecon Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Anniversary Dinner! "
- updated a Absecon Travel Page "Absecon (Ab-see-cun) ... not Ab-See-CON"
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: traveling alone in NYC"
- Commented on one of feline01's Absecon travel pages
Photos in AbseconSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Ventnor City Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlantic City Intro, 47 reviews, 38 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- New York City 23 reviews, 33 photos
- Absecon Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mays Landing Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Westbury Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Chicago Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Brookville Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue