"Absecon (Ab-see-cun) ... not Ab-See-CON" Absecon by April1985

Absecon Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 18 photos

My Home

The fact that I live 2 minutes away from Absecon makes my life amazing. I love Absecon. I think its cute, and adorable. Its like our little town. There is an eckard, cvs, blockbuster, ACME.. etc.. Absecon is filled with suprises. Not to mention the white horse pike, which is home to fast food places, cheap motels, and most importantly WAWA!!! (You laugh now, but if you have ever visited a WAWA, you will be hooked.. and no, its not a 711... its a WAWA!)

*update* may 20, 2008 - Sad to say , I have made a mistake. I spoke of ACME , as a wonderful place. But in all honesty , I only went there to buy expensive Tupperware (why? i have no clue ... ) I think it was because it was next to blockbuster, and I figured, oh, i will be making popcorn, wouldnt it be cute to put my pop corn in a special plastic bowl with a red lid ! Well , as "kenner" had explained to me, SHOP RITE is the place to be. And yes, He is correct . I <3 Shop rite (not to mention that they just opened one up in galloway - my real hometown! ) Well, Shop Rite ... your going to laugh at me , has the best bakery . You can pre order cakes , and even ask for their special butter cream icing .. mmm .. delicious :) And such a friendly staff ..

Thanks Kenner for reminding me of shop rite :) how could I forget such a glam place ? hahaha

Atlantic City Fireworks !

During the summer time, Atlantic City shoots off fireworks. And instead of driving into AC, you can just watch them from Absecon! Absecon is what connects south jersey to atlantic city. (Not a lot of people know this) So if you have ever been to atlantic city, you have driven through absecon!! (or at least past it) Anyway, Absecon has a great view of the firewoks, and everyone knows about it, especially the locals !

• Pros:Great views of AC, especially at night, great food, great prices, cute town
  • Cons:white horse pike is full of cheap hooker motels, and fast food places
  • In a nutshell:amazing food !
  • Last visit to Absecon: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated May 21, 2008

• kenner116's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2008 at 10:08 AM

What a great description of my home town! Absecon was a great place to grow up and it's a great place to live today! You mentioned ACME, but nobody goes there (ShopRite is where it's at!) And of course the ubiquitous Wawa, which is oh-so-convenient.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for the tips!

Badges & Stats in Absecon

Have you been to Absecon?

Latest Activity in Absecon