"Go discover this amazing globe" goglobe's Profile
Being an Asian born in Hong Kong, I have always a fervent desire to explore this marvellous globe we live in.
China has of course so much to offer, but I would rather leave this homeland of mine for extensive travels after I explore the lands in the west, where cultural heritage abound. There are also lands in the middle east where ancient civilisation awaits my discovery.
Here's a note I added on 27/8/03, when planet Mars was closest to us once every 60,000 years. I just have to spur up on my discovery trails on our good Earth, before we have the good fortune to go to Mars or Moon soon.
I hope you'll find something new and interesting from my footprints recorded in my travel pages, some of which, pardon me, are still under construction.
Most of us have a goal when we travel, and that's the passion we feel about and go after. Some are attracted by the mere wonders in the foreign places, some wish to sample the best foods in the world, some may just want to have a relaxing time. But all are going to leave fond memories of their own.
As for me, I'm basically a global trotter, exploring and discovering the wonders and treasures abound in the lands near and far. History has afforded me timelines of the past, science opens my mind to amazing wonders of the future, but I'm particularly drawn to the artistic treasures of mankind that human culture and civilisation have inherited, in languages, literature and the arts.
So we move on as our planet moves, drawing each of us closer to people and things happening day by day. It's this spirit that keeps us alive and alert in making our world a better and friendlier place to live in. I always go along with the famous Chinese saying ' We're brothers all... within the four seas'. Isn't it also universally true with Schiller's text to Beethoven's stupendous Choral Symphony - "Alle Menschen werden Bruder" - all mankind are brothers, as well.
Travels indeed bring us, people of the world, closer and closer together, so that's exactly what I put as the motto of my travel page above. Find the friends I have made in the VT meeting albums below, and certainly the number grows.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 120 Reviews
- 275 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on simcard's profile page
- updated a Vienna Travel Page "Vienna - City of Classic Charm"
- goglobe and jjasmine are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go discover this amazing globe"
updated their Profile Page "Go discover this amazing globe"
- Wrote a Review More photos of the hotel in Mykonos Hotels
- Posted in Travel Tenby Forum "Tenby, where it should be"
Top 10 Pages
- Nice Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bern Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Mykonos Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues