"2rs - The Virtual Tourist" 2rs's Profile
Traveling around this amazing planet is the one thing i enjoy most of all, but rarely are able to do.
I think that having been somewhere for an hour or a day is better than never at all, so some of the places on my travel map has only been visited for a brief moment.
Having been a VT member for some years I probably could have done more in order to contribute to the community, but once in a while I'm trying to do my bit by adding new tips, pictures and helping out in the forums.
January: Kauai and San Francisco.
May: Las Vegas & Chicago
I've been suffering from the pacific dream disease for a few years, which makes me want to visit places in the pacific ocean, especialy in polynesia and to have been at the outer points of the polynesian triangle.
So far I've been to New Zealand (the southern point of the polynesian triangle), Samoa (some call it the cradle of polynesia) and two trips to Hawaii ( the northern point of the triange) where I in 2004 visted Hawaii - the Big Island and Oahu and in 2006 Kauai.
Next up to complete the outmost points of the triangle is Easter Island, someday.
Oct 2009: There's tough times in paradise now. The tsunami has done great damage and many souls has been lost.
Please support Samoa - Any way you can.
Make donations to your prefered charity organizations and travel to Samoa when they reopen for tourism.
To me Samoa was the closest I've been to paradise. Unspoilt, friendly and the perfect medicine for my pacific dream disease.
I have tried to make a page about this wonderful country in order to also let you fellow Virtual Travelers discover paradise.
Have a look at my Samoa page and the travelogues for some of my memories.
I try to spend some weeks during the summer months to go sailing. If I had the time, money and the boat I propably would do a circumnavigation, but for now I'm settling for Scandinavian waters.
I have not been able to do much on the pages for the places I've visited on my own keel, but perhaps one day, I'll sit down to make some tips and upload some pictures on Norwegian, Swedish and Danish towns and places along the Oslofjord, Skagerak and Kattegat.
I'm really fascinated by tall buildings and structures and would like to one day do a RTW skyscrapers trip. It makes me excited whenever I get to a city with skyscrapers or high towers.
I will never forget my first visit to New York city, when I was walking around having a look in some of the shops, and all of a sudden inside what I thought to be some kind of shoping mall I saw this huge decoration on the wall. It was then I realized that I was inside the Empire State Building with the whole thing right over my head without realising I had actually entered the building.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 140 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- 2rs and monica78 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Viewpoint Height 96 in Pasvik valley in Kirkenes Off The Beaten Path
updated their Profile Page "2rs - The Virtual Tourist"
- updated a Independant State of Samoa Travel Page "Manaia Samoa - Beatuful Samoa"
- Commented on TropicGirl77's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Famous tourist trap, but worth getting caught."
- Posted in Travel Hawaii (Big Island) Forum "Re: Is 7 days enough to visit the..."
Top 10 Pages
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 26 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Independant State of Samoa Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arctic Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Oahu Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Iceland Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22499 Reviews - 55073 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos