"HEAVEN ON EARTH" Alta by kzapanta
Alta Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 26 photos
Yes, there are so many places in earth that can be argued as the best place ever. Many members have written and taken pictures of them.
I'm not saying Alta is your heaven in earth, I'm saying Alta is one of my heavens on earth and I'll share you why. The best part is you can find your own heaven.
Why I think its perfect:
1. Snow! - Overall: If youve just stumbled on this resort without knowing how renowned the snow is, you got lucky.
2. Snow! - Quality: Inuits (eskimos) has hundreds of words to describe snow, based on what the snow is. Alta has the driest, fluffiest snow on earth. Averege H2O is 6.6%. That means its litterally like riding on clouds.
3. Snow! - Quantity: With average annual snowfall of over 500" compared to most resorts at around 300".
4. Alta Resort- Alta is a great resort and does a good job utelizing its terrain to maximize the most fun of the snow. There are trails for beginners to expert. The lifts have drastically been updated. They maintain a desire to keep skiing pure. Facities are available but kept at a minimum. The ski patrol is world class and keeps the mountain safe and at the same time accessable.
5. Terrain- There so much terrain to choose from. You can do trails all day, or venture in the trees of endless combination of density and steepness, you can eat up glades of skiing. Scare yourself to bliss on steeps and cliffs.
6. The town- Not because of how big, or how new, but because its a ski town. Many people don't like the town because there is nothing to do and no high end shopping.
7. Accesability- I can get up from my own bed at my house and ski the powder by 11am the same day. Hahaha! Its like locals privelage but without having to shovel the snow.
I trust members in VT will not abuse the secret that is Alta. (At least its seems its still a secret in here.) Come visit them if you can enjoy and respect what it has to offer. If you don't agree with how its run, no big deal, move on. And don't be telling all your beginner friends about the resort. They will mess the whole thing up.
And for cryin' out loud, we buried the hatchet long time ago with skiers hating snowboarders and vice versa. Real skiers coexist with boarders just fine on the mountain. Its thier decision to not allow boarders nothing more, nothing less.
- Pros:Pure skiing. Snow
- Cons:you will be addicted to an expensive sport
- In a nutshell:Bring your snorkling gear.
Alta and Snowbird share the same canyon, Little Cottonwood Canyon. The nightlife in Alta is very 'locals'. Meaning its... more travel advice
A real benefit and reason to stay at this hotel is the convenience and service. There are a total of 4 restaurants at... more travel advice
kzapanta's Related Pages
Alta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HEAVEN ON EARTH"
- "Alta Ski Resort"
- "John195123's new Alta Page"
- "Richmond's new Alta Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alta
- Hotels in Alta
- Transportation in Alta
- Nightlife in Alta
- Warnings and Dangers in Alta
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alta
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Alta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alta
Top 10 Pages
- Mammoth Intro, 24 reviews, 17 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Alta Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iquitos Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Puno Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Lake Forest Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Snowbird Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Philippines Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
Latest Alta hotel reviews
- Alta Peruvian Lodge (Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd )
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- Goldminer's Daughter Lodge
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Altas Rustler Lodge
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013