"Cuzco Blitz" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco by kzapanta

Cuzco Travel Guide: 212 reviews and 525 photos

Cuzco is big.

Hello,
My buddy and I overnighted in Cuzco on the way down to Puno. Had two whole days touring the main town. Saw and did quite a bit. Walked around the whole main city. Posted only some of the choice stuff.

VTmail me if you can't find the info you are looking for and I will try to help as much as possible.

Saw the cathedrals, walked a ton of downtown, go visit and eat inside the marketplace!, see the many civilization layers of Qoricancha, had adventures with the toursita buses...

La Chomba is the real locals' eatery. The receptionist at the internet cafe in Machu Picchu suggested the place, the owners of our hostel recommended it, asked a few taxi drivers where it was and immediately told us to go. Read tip.

Thats about all for me. Tips coming real soon.

• Pros:Logistically mandatory stop for travellers, awsome genuine culture, transportation hub.
  • Cons:Its chilly being up so high, stay away from tourist spots for a better experience.
  • Last visit to Cuzco: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 12, 2007

• Aug 19, 2009 at 8:34 PM

thanks - helpful info

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I always love the concept of "cerveza time". I'd probably have to have "cerveza time" before going to see that barber. Reminds me of India in some ways... they have street corner dentists. ouch. Nice page.

kzapanta

“Most deities can't please everyone so I find it hard to believe anyone on VT can. ~Travmad”

Badges & Stats in Cuzco