Puno Favorite Tips by kzapanta
Puno Favorites: 13 reviews and 9 photos
Favorite thing: Again, no sense duplicating other VTers work.
Here are some facts I did not see posted about Puno.
1.We went in Sept, supposed to be dry, warm season in Peru. It was cold. There are few areas in the world I personaly know that the sun makes a dramatic difference in the immediate temperature. This is the most dramatic to date. The temerature is cozy cool in the daytime if the sun is shining, but as soon as the sun sets, the temp. INSTANTLY drops to FREEZING. Same in the morning, before sun, teeth chattering, get the sun rays on you, take of the other layer of clothing.
2. Its a big, spread out, unfinished city. Nothing much to see except center of town, Lima Street, and oh yeah, Lake Titiccaca and the floating islands.
3. Its a good place to get buses, either tourist buses or local buses, down to the Bolivian border and beyond.
4. Taxi is the fastest way to Juliaca and the airport for your plane flight. Its a full hour driving fast by taxi. Motorbikes taxis would be unwise and the minibuses available would take forever. Fare for the taxi we negotiated was 50 soles for both of us, plus tip.
More Reviews (6)
kzapanta's Related Pages
Puno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puno, the gate of Titicaca"
- "Puno: City By Lake Titicaca"
- "The Night Before Puno"
- "Lake Titicacca and Puno"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puno
- Hotels in Puno
- Transportation in Puno
- Restaurants in Puno
- Shopping in Puno
- Warnings and Dangers in Puno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puno
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Puno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puno
Top 10 Pages
- Mammoth Intro, 24 reviews, 17 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Alta Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuzco Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iquitos Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Puno Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Lake Forest Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Snowbird Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Philippines Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos