"NAM-TSO, HIGHEST LAKE IN THE WORLD (elev 15500ft)" Damxoi by mavl
Damxoi Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 34 photos
what brings them all together? ROARING WINDS!!!
and to think i almost didn't come here, it was just a last minute addition to my itinerary. finished my tour of xigaze and gyangze early so had an extra day. when i was planning my trip, didn't include it because it was at least a 10-hour roundtrip from lhasa and higher by about 1500 meters. simply didn't have the time plus all the AMS warnings dicouraged me from making the trip.
well, since i had spare time all of a sudden, since i adjusted relatively well (thankfully!) to high altitude while climbing kamba-la pass a couple of days earlier, since i was already in this part of the world (will likely never get the chance to come back) and, most importantly, since a petite korean girl whom i met at the potala was able to do it just the day before, i decided to go for it! (chest thump, chest thump)
oh boy, was i ever glad i did! this is without a doubt the most awesome place i've ever seen!
i'll let the travelogue photos do the talking.
even if you don't usually like to video your vacation (like me), make sure you bring a videocam or at least a digicam... more travel advice
to get to nam-tso lake, you'll have to negotiate a 5200m high mountain pass. at the top of the pass, make sure you stop... more travel advice
mavl's Related Pages
Damxoi Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Damxoi
- 11 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Damxoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Damxoi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Damxoi Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Thum Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues