Gyangze Packing List Tips by mavl Top 5 Page for this destination
Gyangze What to Pack: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Miscellaneous: when making the trip to gyangze (usually from lhasa), you'll be on the road for several hours. the places along the way where you can stop will be few and far between so make sure you bring an adequate supply of bottled water (adequate depends on how quickly you get thirsty).
this area of tibet is very dry (you'll even see sand dunes along the way) so better to have bottled water to drink as your 4x4 negotiates the seemingly endless hiway.
bring snacks to munch on as well.
Miscellaneous: bring a watch with an altimeter (i had a suunto xlander).
if you're going to tibet, you'll be encountering elevations you're likely never to encounter again - personal altitude records is what i mean. might as well record it, right?
also, better to be aware of the elevations you reach so that you can better "hike high, sleep low" - the general rule in traveling at high altitude so as to avoid acute mountain sickness (AMS). being aware is key if you're going to stay healthy up here.
More Reviews (8)
mavl's Related Pages
Gyangze Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GORGEOUS GYANGZE!"
- "Gyangze, what will it look like when finished?"
- "Check it out! One of the best places in Tibet!"
- "Gyantse`s Pelkor Chöde Monastery, Kumbum and Dzong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gyangze
- Hotels in Gyangze
- Transportation in Gyangze
- Restaurants in Gyangze
- Warnings and Dangers in Gyangze
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bacnotan Hotels
- Almoçageme Hotels
- Muhafazat al Iskandariyah Hotels
- Gavardo Hotels
- Province de Luxembourg
- North Berwick
Badges & Stats in Gyangze
- 10 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Gyangze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gyangze
Photos in GyangzeSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Damxoi Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Thum Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Gyangze hotel reviews
- Gyantse Hotel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013