"SAQQARAH" Saqqarah by mavl
Saqqarah Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 246 photos
...all in the same place.
a great place to immerse one's self in the ancient egyptian culture! this is definitley a must for anyone going to cairo (it's only about 25km south of the city).
above is the step pyramid of zoser, built over 4650 years ago. the architect, imhotep, was later made into a god.
hmmm, wish more of us architects would be treated that way.
the hypostyle hall, though puny in comparison to the one in karnak, is breathtaking to walk through just the same.
there are tombs everywhere.
the most noteworthy, in my opinion, is a several minutes north. the mastaba of ti (ti was the guy in charge of the pyramids at the time). he was quite a well-to-do fellow so his tomb was well adorned.
unfortunately, photos are not allowed to be taken inside his tomb so i'll refrain from posting the ones i took.
mavl's Related Pages
Saqqarah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the valley of the dead"
- "Saqqarah- a splendid site"
- "The Oldest Stone Monument in the World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saqqarah
- Transportation in Saqqarah
- Shopping in Saqqarah
- Warnings and Dangers in Saqqarah
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sherwood Island State Park Hotels
- Crook of Devon Hotels
- Pupnatska Luka Hotels
- Rottumerplaat Hotels
- Malabon Hotels
- Kingsport Hotels
- Tung Lo Wan
- Kokkini Khanion
- Pigeon Forge
- Skala Oropou
- Provincia de Samaná
- Camano Island
Badges & Stats in Saqqarah
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Saqqarah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saqqarah
Photos in SaqqarahSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Damxoi Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Thum Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues