"PINNAWALA: A SANCTUARY FOR ELEPHANTS" Pinnawala by mavl
Pinnawala Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 85 photos
a policeman walks to the middle of the road and stops traffic. a few minutes go by with nothing happening. then, you hear whistles and loud calls by the mahouts. all of a sudden, a herd of elephants cross the road from the orphanage to the bazaar. nope, they're not going shopping, the bazaar just happens to be on the way to the river.
the elephant with a severed foot is sama. she lost her foor when she stepped on a land mine up north, where the conflict raged for decades. she has a bad limp but she's surviving.
when will humans ever learn that war is stupid?
mavl's Related Pages
Pinnawala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THERE SOOO CUTE!!!!!"
- "Welcome to Pinnawala"
- "Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage"
- "Pinnawela elephant orphanage"
- "The Elephant Orphanage"
- "Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage"
- "Pinnawala - The Elephant Orphanage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pinnawala
- Hotels in Pinnawala
- Transportation in Pinnawala
- Restaurants in Pinnawala
- Shopping in Pinnawala
- Warnings and Dangers in Pinnawala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pinnawala
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Pinnawala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pinnawala
Photos in PinnawalaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Damxoi Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Thum Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues