Donsol Favorite Tips by mavl Top 5 Page for this destination
Donsol Favorites: 6 reviews and 7 photos
Favorite thing: although there are other things to do in donsol, it is known worldwide for its whalesharks.
the whalesharks don't swim here all year round. they only come starting DECEMBER then leave by APRIL. if you come early december or late april, there will be less of them around and you might find yourself waiting on the boat for a long time.
best to come well inside this 5-month season to get your money's worth. for example, i went in march and we swam with at least a dozen whalesharks during the 3 hours were out in the bay. it is also best to go in the morning to avoid the tourists and longer waiting periods in the afternoon.
prepare to see gigantic mature specimens reaching as much as 50 feet in length as well as smaller adolescents - small meaning they're only about 20 feet long, ho hum.
Fondest memory: favorite memory? every single minute i spent swimming with these magnificent creatures! they swim quite slowly so you can actually swim alongside them for a few minutes and truly admire their beauty.
best adrenalin rush i've ever had so far in my life!
More Reviews (4)
mavl's Related Pages
Donsol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Donsol is Butanding"
- "DONSOL, HOME OF THE WHALESHARK"
- "Go for the Whale Sharks, Leave with a lot more"
- "Donsol:Swimming with the whale sharks"
- "Swimming with Whale Sharks in Donsol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Donsol
- Hotels in Donsol
- Transportation in Donsol
- Nightlife in Donsol
- Restaurants in Donsol
- Shopping in Donsol
- Warnings and Dangers in Donsol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Donsol
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Donsol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Donsol
Photos in DonsolSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Damxoi Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Thum Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues