"PENANG, A FUSION OF STYLE" Penang by mavl
Penang Travel Guide: 2,473 reviews and 5,308 photos
peranakan mansions, overflowing in ornamentation. the chinese migrants of previous centuries surely knew how to decorate.
the thing is, mansions here incorporate structural and decorative elements from as far away as scotland.
british colonizers made sure top stamp their taste in architecture as well.
the thing is, their tastes already included indian influences by the time they got here.
in the end, the sum of the mixture is far better than its parts.
penang has architectural jewels waiting to surprise.
it also has some of the best hawker food centers in malaysia!
mavl's Related Pages
Penang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Penang - Prince of Wales Island"
- "Penang - my birthplace"
- "colourful FUSION of culture"
- "Penang for Foodies"
- "Penang My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penang
- Hotels in Penang
- Transportation in Penang
- Nightlife in Penang
- Restaurants in Penang
- Shopping in Penang
- Warnings and Dangers in Penang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penang
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gyangze Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Damxoi Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Angkor Thum Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues