Melaka Things to Do Tips by Jousy
Melaka Things to Do: 734 reviews and 1,428 photos
Many people go to Melaka to eat, walk, take pictures and to buy! What can you buy in Melaka?
For one, you can get some local stuff like the dried food -- mee sua (noodles), gula melaka (coconut sugar). Usually we go to this store for them: Chop Chua Soon Huat. We find their prices reasonable and the selection is great. You can also get other stuff like the kueh kueh (local desserts). Walk around and try those samples and buy only when you think you like them. Those freshly baked cakes/pastry are very nice but you have to be selective as there are many stores selling them.
Walk around the jonker street area and you will surprise yourself with many stores that sell things like knives, nets, net-bags etc. We usually relate such stores and products as our 70's things. So such stores are nostalgic.
More Reviews (2)
Jousy's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- "Melaka - Malaysia's historical centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
Top 10 Pages
- Melaka 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 6 reviews
- Ubud Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Kyoto 1 review, 2 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Sydney Intro, 2 reviews
- Makati 1 review, 1 photo
- California Intro, 1 review
- Vietnam 1 review
- Paris Intro, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- St. Paul's Church Ruins- 57 Reviews, 124 Photos
- A' Famosa- 45 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Temple's- 38 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Museums- 39 Reviews, 100 Photos
- Dutch Square- 42 Reviews, 85 Photos
- The Stadthuys- 35 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Churches- 48 Reviews, 75 Photos
- Princess Hang Li Poh's well- 9 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Trishaw Drivers- 14 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Kampung Kling Mosque- 17 Reviews, 48 Photos
See All Melaka Things to Do