"Chios: a Greek Island off the beaten path" Top 5 Page for this destination Chios by MariaK

Chios Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 155 photos

So where on Earth is Greece?

I borrowed the maps from the websites www.chiosonline.gr and www.chios.gr

Chios Longtitude: 26.09’E - Latitude: 38.21’N

Where in Greece is Chios?

Here it is!

It's a Greek Island located at the North-Eastern Aegean Sea, near the Greek - Turkish border.

And what's it look like in detail?

• Pros:Big island with many places to visit and a lot of things to do: if you like exploring you won't be bored for a long time.
  • Cons:Not very touristy (yet). But this might be a Pro - for me it is!
  • In a nutshell:I would not expect to have such a good time here. But I did and I remember these holidays as some of the most relaxing ones I ever had!
  • Last visit to Chios: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 21, 2006

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Thank you so much Maria for your kind remarks about my Chios tips. I see you have a new member of your family! Na Sou Zisi! There is plenty of time to sleep when you get old:):) Enjoy the summer!

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2008 at 10:59 AM

What a great looking place! Thanks for sharing, Maria.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Very nice intro to Chios. And you're right - "sleeping like a baby" is a fairy tale!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 2:27 AM

Hi Maria :-) Thanks for stopping by my pages. This place looks stunning... aaaah, memories of Greece... I must return someday!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Looks ideal. Stunning.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2006 at 3:27 PM

Just looked this place up on the map to see where it is. It really does look beautiful! (If you add an intro page more people will be able to find your tips, by the way.)

Badges & Stats in Chios