Yellow Springs Things to Do Tips by WheninRome
Yellow Springs Things to Do: 5 reviews and 14 photos
Glen Helen Nature Preserve is located just outside of Yellow Springs and is a beautiful place to spend a day of hiking. A beautiful stream runs through the property, which is over 1,000 acres and has several miles of trails, some of which are in better shape than others, but all afford great views of the beauty of this valley. There are several notable areas within the Glen, including the spring that is the namesake of the town of "Yellow Springs" a couple monuments, a monument to Horace Mann (father of public education I believe) and a covered bridge.
The Glen Helen Association offers numerous activities including guided hikes, outdoor education and birdwatching. The trailside museum is also interesting and worth checking out.
Address: 405 Corry Street, Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387
Directions: Go to the town of Yellow Springs and ask somebody for directions. Any local will know where it is.
WheninRome's Related Pages
Yellow Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where artists live, where writers meet!"
- "winter72's new Yellow Springs Page"
- "Yellow Springs - Stuck in the 70's and Loving It"
- "Jim35's Yellow Springs Page"
- "Free spirited Yellow Springs"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Uganda Hotels
- Hebron Hotels
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- La Boquilla Hotels
- Tamalpais Valley Junction Hotels
Badges & Stats in Yellow Springs
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Yellow Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellow Springs
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 47 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Keswick Intro, 23 reviews, 76 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jackson Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vinalhaven Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Ohio Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos