"Yellow Springs - Stuck in the 70's and Loving It" Yellow Springs by WheninRome
Yellow Springs Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 51 photos
The actual "Yellow Spring" is located in the Glen Helen Nature Preserve. This spring used to be utilized for soaking and other medicinal purposes and there was a hotel nearby to accommodate those interested in a relaxing and healing soak in the spring.
My wife and I loved the original, family-owned and operated restaurants that dominate Yellow Springs. Come to think of it, I didn't see a McDonalds or Wendys anywhere in town, though there was 1 Subway.
The 2 restaurants we enjoyed most were the Winds Cafe and Ye Olde Trail Tavern. There were 3 to 4 other nice looking establishments in town that we didn't have a chance to get to. Ya Ya Pizza is also supposed to be very good - next time.
There is also some good street food by way of a guy that grills BBQ in a parking lot along the main drag.
There are numerous eclectic shops throughout the town. There are several shops with Asian merchandise (i.e. Tibetan prayer flags and Tibetan clothes, incense, etc...), a couple used book stores, a couple boutique beer and wine stores, record store and even a glasswares store. There are several others that I cannot even remember or didn't visit.
The natural areas outside of the town are worth visiting by themselves.
- Pros:Great atmosphere, beautiful location
- Cons:Small and is struggling with the College currently closed
WheninRome's Related Pages
Yellow Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where artists live, where writers meet!"
- "winter72's new Yellow Springs Page"
- "Yellow Springs - Stuck in the 70's and Loving It"
- "Jim35's Yellow Springs Page"
- "Free spirited Yellow Springs"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yellow Springs
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Yellow Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellow Springs
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 47 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Keswick Intro, 23 reviews, 76 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jackson Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vinalhaven Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Ohio Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos