"The Cleveland You've Never Seen" Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland by WheninRome
Cleveland Travel Guide: 628 reviews and 1,003 photos
I have been living and working in the Greater Cleveland/Akron area for approximately 8 years now. I like the area; relatively nice people, surprisingly diverse outdoor activities, numerous restaurants, good arts, and you get to experience the beauty of every season (spring, summer, fall, and winter). However, from the few years I have spent here it is obvious that Cleveland to be specific, and Ohio in general, has an image problem. This website is a work in progress to help visitors (and many fellow residents) learn about the many things that Northeast Ohio has to offer.
This is a work in progress. I will be adding new tips primarily one at a time and this will be a way for myself to also experience new restaurants and activities that I might otherwise pass up.
Here goes...hope you enjoy.
Cleveland is home to the house where the movie "A Christmas Story" was filmed. It is now open to the public and is a great way to spend a pre-holiday afternoon.
"You were either a bully, a toady, or one of the nameless rabble of victims who hid behind the hedges..."
One of my favorite lines from the movie.
I know you thought I was going to say that Great Lakes Brewery was Greater Cleveland's best brewery. Well it is damn... more travel advice
Cleveland has an excellent art museum, located at University Circle along with several other nearby attractions (i.e.... more travel advice
WheninRome's Related Pages
Cleveland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cleveland Rocks!"
- "Mistake on the Lake? You be the Judge!"
- "Cleveland - The Mistake on the lake"
- "95 Years of Cleveland"
- "The Cleveland You've Never Seen"
- "Open air entrepreneurship"
- "A City by the Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cleveland
- Hotels in Cleveland
- Transportation in Cleveland
- Nightlife in Cleveland
- Restaurants in Cleveland
- Shopping in Cleveland
- Warnings and Dangers in Cleveland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cleveland
- 18 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cleveland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cleveland
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Prebooking Tickets"
- Wrote a Review Lakefront Fine Dining about Pier W in Cleveland Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Greater Cleveland's Best Brewery"
- updated a Cleveland Travel Page "The Cleveland You've Never Seen"
- Commented on one of Toughluck's Cleveland travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 47 reviews, 127 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keswick Intro, 23 reviews, 76 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jackson Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vinalhaven Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Ohio Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos