"The Cleveland You've Never Seen" Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland by WheninRome

Cleveland Travel Guide: 611 reviews and 929 photos

Cleveland from a Transplant's Perspective

I have been living and working in the Greater Cleveland/Akron area for approximately 8 years now. I like the area; relatively nice people, surprisingly diverse outdoor activities, numerous restaurants, good arts, and you get to experience the beauty of every season (spring, summer, fall, and winter). However, from the few years I have spent here it is obvious that Cleveland to be specific, and Ohio in general, has an image problem. This website is a work in progress to help visitors (and many fellow residents) learn about the many things that Northeast Ohio has to offer.

This is a work in progress. I will be adding new tips primarily one at a time and this will be a way for myself to also experience new restaurants and activities that I might otherwise pass up.

Here goes...hope you enjoy.

A Christmas Story House

Cleveland is home to the house where the movie "A Christmas Story" was filmed. It is now open to the public and is a great way to spend a pre-holiday afternoon.

"You were either a bully, a toady, or one of the nameless rabble of victims who hid behind the hedges..."
One of my favorite lines from the movie.

• Intro Updated Dec 31, 2009

• craic's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2008 at 8:25 AM

what a great home town page - i hope you enjoy Rome - I loved Rome

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2007 at 4:58 PM

some very nice tips on this city known more for basketball and football teams :-) thanx God they made a np in this state.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Excellent tips. Cuyahoga Valley National Park isn't exactly Yellowstone or the Great Smokies, but it still has lots to offer.

• kevanrijn's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Sounds wonderful, we may just have to check this place out.

WheninRome Lives Here!

WheninRome

“Cruises - If I wanted to be on a boat with a couple thousand other people I would have joined the navy.”

Badges & Stats in Cleveland

Have you been to Cleveland?

Latest Activity in Cleveland