"My travel life" sukawats's Profile
At the age of 17, I left the comfort of a warm extended family in Nakhorn sri thammarat, a province south of Thailand, to Lancaster, PA. It was my first time to travel alone. Frighten of what the future have hold for me.
Lucky me to be greeting with warm embrace of 3 very different families;
1. The Pappas, Greek Orthodox, with 2 children.
2. The Roufas, Jewish, with Kosher Kitchen.
3. The Humphyes, Catholic, with 2 small children who often drove me insane.
What I learn that year is that, no matter who you are, what type of religions you believed in, it you -the inner you- that really represents your being.
After I finished my Senior year at Mainheim Township High School, Lancaster, PA. I was so comfortable with all my host families, they are mine, in biblical sense now.
I find one collage near by in Baltimore, MD. The real reason of choosing that school because it is only 2 hours drive away. And so I can go back to visit them on my break.
The world seem to crashing down around me!!!!
I lost all my protection, out, alone in the world. Strangely, I felt alone at this time more than when I first came to America.
Several things I had promised to myself;
1. I have to get good grade
2. I will not join-in with any asian groups. No hard feeling here, I heard so much of asian students whose spent so much time together and they learn nothing. I have to do better, promised to my self. And it does help that I am bigger that the average asian, so most people think that I am Hawaiians????
In fact, I did great. Learmed a lot of things and having tons of friends in every racial groups.
What I learn here is that "WHEN YOU FORGET WHERE YOU ARE FROM, AND HOW YOU LOOK, ACT, EAT DIFFERANTLY, YOU ARE JUST ONE OF THEM."
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- sukawats and suraphona are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Thailand's hidden treasure "white Temple" in Chiang Rai Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thailand's hidden treasure "white Temple""
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: What make YOU feel better?"
- created a Phuket Travel Page "Phuket, my paradise"
updated their Profile Page "My travel life"
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos