"Welcome to Busso!" Top 5 Page for this destination Busselton by arianne_1504
Busselton Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 136 photos
Nestled in Geographe Bay, 229km south of Perth, Busselton is just three hours of Perth. Home to beautiful beaches, excellent fishing, caves, coastline scenery, bushland and world-class wineries, Busselton is a gorgeous seaside destination.
Like with all southwest destinations, Busselton will give you warm and sunny summers and cold, rainy, quite mild winters. It's a great spot to relax, but there are also a range of activities should you wish to get out and about.
Founded by the Bussell Family in 1832.
Brothers Alfred, John, Charles, Lenox and Vernon emigrated to Western Australia from England in 1829 and were part of the first settlement party in Augusta.
They eventually moved to Vasse and once they were settled their mother and three sisters arrived from England to join them.
Alfred married a local woman, Ellen Heppingstone, and they moved to a 730 hectare land holding which they called EllensBrook, located near Yallingup. After Ellenbrook was destroyed by fire, the Bussels built Walcliffe House, near the mouth of the Margaret River.
Ellensbrook, a simple stone cottage with a brook nearby, has been restored by the National Trust and is open to the public. Wallcliffe House is in private hands.
The Bussell family name lives on in the town of Busselton and the Bussell Highway.
When you're in Busselton, here's some things to do:
Busselton Jetty and Underwater Observatory - http://www.busseltonjetty.com.au/
Ellensbrook (although it's not actually in Busselton) - http://www.mronline.com.au/cape/todo/ellensbrook.htm
Busselton Drive In - www.busseltondrive-in.com.au
Bike Riding - www.cycleroundthebay.com.au
Segway - www.segwaywest.com.au
or do a wine tour - there are many companies that do these.
- Pros:Beautiful beaches
- Cons:Busy on long weekends and holidays
Beautiful location right on the beach. We only got the bread and trio of dips, along with some coffees but the menu... more travel advice
arianne_1504's Related Pages
Busselton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Busselton"
- "Busselton: The Jetty"
- "Welcome to Busso!"
- "Ideal South West Holiday Destination"
- "Busselton and around..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Busselton
- Hotels in Busselton
- Transportation in Busselton
- Nightlife in Busselton
- Restaurants in Busselton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Busselton
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Busselton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Busselton
Top 10 Pages
- Margaret River Intro, 46 reviews, 83 photos
- Perth Intro, 71 reviews, 41 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 42 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pemberton Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 23 reviews, 12 photos