"Marvel at Malacca" Melaka by arianne_1504
Melaka Travel Guide: 1,562 reviews and 3,796 photos
"Malacca" or "Melaka" was founded in the early 15th century as a Malay Kingdom under Chinese protectorate and was later colonized by the Portuguese. It was taken over by the dutch before it was passed to British rule and thus became one of Malaysia's oldest and most diverse cities.
Malacca is located on the West Coast of Peninsular Malaysia facing the Straits of Malacca, about 147 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur between the states of Negeri Sembilan and Johor.
Home to St Pauls Hill, the Cheng Hoon Teng Temple and Porta De Santiago (A-Formosa), Melacca is a charming seaside town and well worth an overnight visit to take in the colourful sites, learn the history, take a ride in a flower covered trishaw or watch the kittens climb the trees at A-Formosa.
- Pros:Architecture, food, history
- Cons:The guys with the giant dragon lizard outside the Christ Church - ew!
The Melaka River can be seen as the beginning of Malacca history, when it was called ‘Venice of the East’ by the... more travel advice
Located at the heart of Melaka, Jonker Street is a narrow alley which was once a wealthy street filled with rich... more travel advice
arianne_1504's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
Photos in MelakaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Margaret River Intro, 46 reviews, 83 photos
- Perth Intro, 71 reviews, 41 photos
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 42 reviews, 34 photos
- Pemberton Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Takayama Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 23 reviews, 12 photos
Latest Melaka hotel reviews
- Coastal Park Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2012
- Puteri Resort Ayer Keroh
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Semabok Inn
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 22, 2011
- Ayer Keroh Country Resort
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 25, 2013
- Trend Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2012
- Air Keroh D'Village Resort
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Heeren House
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- Chong Hoe Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Samudera Bidara Resort
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: May 31, 2012
- Paradise Malacca Village Resort
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 14, 2013