"Campina...our home" Cimpina by adema29
Cimpina Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 116 photos
The city , known as the city with the most sunny days in Romania, is located at 83 km north of Bucharest, on Prahova's Valley.
We are living here from 1998 and it was in that period a good ideea to move here from Ploiesti. The area is less affected by the polution and the crazzy real life is not yet installed here.
Despite of the size, you can still find in Campina a lot of attractions. I will try to list down here as many as possible and I hope to find enough time for developing the page in the near future.
·The house of Nicolae Grigorescu (the best Romanian painter)
·The House with Gryphons
·Grigorescu High School
·The House with the Clock
·The Fir Trees Church
·The Lake’s Church
·Brebu’s Architectural Complex
I have to mention here the surroundings which are attracting every week-end hundreds of people looking for fresh air and cold rivers: Paltinu Lake, Fantana cu Ciresi (The Fountain of Cherry Trees), Doftana’s Valley, The salty lake in Telega, The Black Valley.
Even if the city is a small one, it is having deep roots into the Romanian history, the importance of the city growing of course after the development of the Oil Industry.
The refinery Steaua Romana (Romanian Star) was starting to produce in 1897, being considered in those years the most modern refinery in Europe, having the capacity to distillate 30000 tones per year. It was for more than a century the main industrial and social objective in Cimpina.
In 1904 has been opened for the first time in Europe a school for professionals in Oil Industry.
In present, the refinery is still producing at a small capacity and completely lost under the shadows of the past.
All the other industries in the city were growing around the Society Steaua Romana as suppliers and associates.
The city is still having a role in the weaken Romanian industry.
- Pros:The city is looking a little bit better than other cities in Romania affected by the comunist period.
- Cons:The people living here and the municipality still have a lot to correct and improve referring to the environmental protection.
If you'll stay longer in Campina, you can try to join our “karateka” on the "Dojo". You’ll be for sure impressed by the... more travel advice
I use to go with my friends on some crazy trips with bicycles on the hills around Campina... this is what you call... more travel advice
adema29's Related Pages
Cimpina Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cimpina
- Hotels in Cimpina
- Transportation in Cimpina
- Restaurants in Cimpina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cimpina
- 22 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Cimpina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cimpina
- Posted in Travel Antalya Forum "Re: Recent Bombings"
- Wrote a Review AIKO-Campina-one of the best clubs in Romania in Cimpina Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "AIKO-Campina-one of the best clubs in Romania"
- updated a Cimpina Travelogue "A May day in our backyard"
- Commented on one of josephescu's Cimpina travel pages
Photos in CimpinaSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 73 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammerfest Intro, 32 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cimpina Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brasov Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos